DLC Performance Coatings
DLC, or Diamond-Like-Coating, is an amorphous carbon nanocomposite coating creating a very hard and low-friction surface. DLC is the industry standard for performance coatings on fork lowers and shock shafts (steel parts only). Pricing varies based on part and color - make your selections below to see costs.
* Read the description below for important information!
Looking for fork upper and shock body coatings? Check out KyoKote coating.
- $499.95 (Fork Tubes, Black)
- $599.95 (Fork Tubes, Ice Blue)
- $599.95 (Fork Tubes, Rainbow)
- $199.95 (Shock Shaft, Black)
- $249.95 (Shock Shaft, Ice Blue)
- $249.95 (Shock Shaft, Rainbow)
Product Description, Information, and Details
* DLC coatings are not guaranteed to come out perfect every time. We rarely have any issues, but occasionally some parts come out with minor blemishes in the coating. This is more common on complex coatings like DLC rainbow and especially so when the parts have been used. All parts are cleaned prior to coating, but used parts can have tiny scratches and crevices that hide oil and contaminates, and this can affect the end result. We will refund the cost of coating at our discretion for major blemishes; however, you assume the risk of minor blemishes should they occur.
Additionally, be warned that DLC is only 0.00014 inches (0.0035 mm) thick and will not smooth out nicks or scratches in your parts; the nicks and scratches will be coated the same color as the rest of the part but will remain visible. For these reasons we highly recommend sending new or like-new parts.
* Rainbow DLC is randomly colored. We cannot guarantee a particular style of rainbow coloring in our rainbow DLC process as every batch comes out different. Some batches result in parts that are primarily yellow/green, some are primarily blue/purple, some are primarily red/blue. There is no way for us to control the end color, unfortunately, but that's also part of what makes this interesting as the parts are all unique.
The image shows various DLC rainbow coated tubes, all from different batches. The colors vary significantly from batch to batch and they're always a little different.
* DLC coating services do NOT include disassembly of your parts. These prices assume you are sending us tubes/shafts with all other components (seals, bushings, valving, fork lugs, etc.) removed (as shown in the images). All parts must arrive well packed and clean, without any oil or Loctite residue. Allow up to 2 weeks turnaround time for DLC services. Prices include return ground shipping within the continental USA.
Do you have more than one set of parts to coat? We offer quantity discounts on all coatings and dealer pricing for approved accounts, please contact us for more details.
In a rush? Want a faster turnaround? If you have brand new parts to coat, we can swap your tubes for our in-stock coated tubes to significantly reduce the lead-time. This applies to new parts only and to what stock we have on hand at the time of your order. This offer extends to retail customers only.
|Luxon Description||DLC Performance Coating|
|Weight||No increase vs. Stock|