This position will be responsible for direct interaction with customers and staff to complete project objectives. Qualified applicants must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. The engineer must possess the skills necessary to take a concept from a napkin sketch through to high volume production and/or be able to step in at any point in between. This is a part time position, applicants should be prepared to work 30-50 hours per week in a fast paced and interdisciplinary environment. Compensation is hourly and based on the applicants skill set and experience level ($45-70/hr).
- Minimum B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent college degree
- 4+ years practical mechanical engineering work experience
- Highly Proficient SolidWorks CAD user, CSWP/CSWE preferred
- Understanding of advanced surfacing techniques, continuous curvature, etc.
- Proficiency with injection molded part design
- Knowledge of various manufacturing methods and their design requirements
- A good understanding of DFM and DFA techniques
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M-1994 or similar
- Experience designing one-off through mass production level components
- Fluent with Microsoft Windows and Office suite
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; applicant must have the ability to complete projects on time and within budget
- FEA background utilizing advanced software (Altair, Nastran, Ansys, etc.), Altair HyperMesh experience is a strong plus
- CFD background utilizing advanced software (Altair, Fluent, Ansys, etc.), AcuSim experience is a strong plus
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Basic fabrication skills (machining, welding, sheet metal, etc.)
- CNC programming and operation
- FSAE experience
- PE or EIT